The Institute of Semantic Technology and the Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics at Leopold-Franzens-University Innsbruck seek to appoint a
in the field of
according to § 99 section 1 UG 2002. The part-time position (50 % employment) will be based on a five-years’ civil-law employment contract with the University. Please note: there is the opportunity for additional employment in the context of third-party projects.
The successful candidate will represent the field of semantic technologies both in research and teaching working in areas such as:
- Information extraction and natural language processing
- Ontologies and knowledge engineering
- Semantic web languages and technologies
- Web of data and services
- Applications of semantic technologies i.e. in the area of eTourism, eHealth or eCommerce
In applied research, collaboration with business, industry and international research institutions is highly encouraged.
Teaching duties include to give courses in the curricula of Computer Science and Information Systems. In addition, the supervision of bachelor, master and PhD theses is expected.
Participation in academic self-administration is taken for granted.
- A pertinent degree in higher education in Austria or the equivalent abroad;
- Relevant authorization to teach at the graduate level (habilitation) or qualification equal to it (e.g. senior lectureship or associate professorship);
- Relevant publications in leading international reviewed journals;
- Involvement in international research;
- Interdisciplinary work in the field of semantics and its applications;
- Relevant professional experience abroad;
- Experience in raising funds for research;
- Leadership qualifications.
Applications must reach us at the latest by 17th of April 2013
Please send to:
Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck, Fakultäten Servicestelle, Standort Technikerstraße 17,
A-6020 Innsbruck (email@example.com)
The Leopold-Franzens-University Innsbruck is committed to increasing the proportion of female employees and therefore invites qualified women to apply. In the case of equal qualification for this position, female candidates will be preferred.
The application should include: curriculum vitae with a description of scientific and professional career, list of scientific publications, presentations and other scientific work and projects, description of complete, current and planned research activities and the five most important works. Application documents are required to be submitted in digital form (CD, email, etc.). Additional submission in paper form is optional.
The basic salary is set down in the collective bargaining agreement for university employees. Professors are in the remuneration group A 1. For this position with an employment of 50 % the monthly salary is 2.285,60 Euro before tax per month (14 times). Depending on qualification and experience a higher salary can be a topic in the negotiations with the rector. Beyond that the university offers attractive additional benefits (http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/index.html.en ).
The full, authoritative text in German (published in the official bulletin of the University of Innsbruck of 6th of March 2013) as well as additional information on the current status of the application process may be found at: